Anyone can do this - so do it!
Total Time: 10 min
Yield: 3 quart jars
- Vegetable of choice (red onion, carrots, cauliflower, radish, etc.)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 tsp black peppercorn
- 5-7 each bay leaf
- Clean and slice vegetables at desired measurement.
- Pack the vegetables in a clear 1-quart jar until tightly stuffed.
- In a large bowl mix vinegar, sugar, salt, and spices
- Pour the brine over the vegetables to cover completely.
- Cover and let it sit for 1-2 hours.
- Chill in refrigerator until needed.
- The longer it pickles the better it tastes.