Sometimes basic is good, you can use this granola on anything, salads, parfait, crumbles! It adds a crunch to your day!
Total Time: 1 hour
Serves: 4-6 people
Yield: 1 large bag
- 2 cups organic whole wheat rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup dried fruits (raisins, apricots)
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp lavender honey (optional)
- 2 tbsp Aleppo pepper brown butter (melted)
- 1 tsp salt
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3 segments grapefruit, cleaned
- 4 segments clementine, cleaned
- ½ cup basic granola
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the oats, nuts, seeds, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup, honey, and melted butter together.
4. Drizzle the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients.
5. Mix well.
6. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper, drizzle olive oil.
7. Spread the granola mixture on the cookie sheet, bake for 35-45 minutes, by checking and stirring the granola every 15 minutes.
8. Pull the granola out of the oven when it's brown and crunchy.
9. While it's still warm, stir in the dried fruit.
10. Let it cool down, and become crispy!
11. You can eat this granola as is, jar it up for the week, and use it on anything from parfait, to salad, or even chicken salad sandwiches.
1. Assemble the parfait by starting off with the Greek yogurt, topping it off with granola, and citrus.
2. Eat up, and stop being hangry!