DOUBLE HONEY DUTCH BABY!
In high school I participated in a german exchange program. My host mother showed me a whole new side to modern housewife. Every morning the fresh bread was delivered, and the table was set for a feast. Eggs, sausage, sliced salamis, cheese, fruit! Everything you could ask for. One day she made something different - Pfannkuchen - with fresh, and cooked berries, freshly whipped cream, and mint. That is when I fell in love! All the ingridients are in your fridge - so go make it and fall in love!
Photos by Jessica Marx
Total Time: 25 min
Serves: 4 people
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon, halved
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. In a blender combine flour, eggs, milk, honey, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Blend together until combined, and foamy about 90 seconds.
- In a large cast iron skillet, or nonstick casserole - melt butter, and pour batter.
- Bake until the cake is golden and puffy, about 18-20 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN!
- Finish off with honey and a fresh squeeze of lemon.
- Slice and dig in <-- right away!
You can serve this with any seasonal fruit, berry, or do a plot twist and throw some sunny side eggs and bacon on there!