Charred Corn & Halloumi Salad
This is as seasonal as it gets! Tomatoes are at their pick right now. And, so are sweet and juicy corns. What a better time to throw all these seasonal vegetables together to make a delicious salad! I added a little Middle Eastern flair to the salad by adding grilled halloumi. Halloumi is the only cheese you can grill, and once you grill it, it changes its texture and flavors completely, which goes so well with the rest of the salad. Make this super simple, but a super flavorful salad for your next party!
Photos by Lauren Zaser
Serves: 3 - 4 people
- 2 pints Campari tomato, clean and sliced in quarters
- 8 oz halloumi cheese
- 4 corn on the cobs
- 1/4 cup mint
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Husk and grill the corn for 3 minutes on each side, a total of 8-9 minutes or until charred.
- When corn is cool, cut kernels from cobs into a bowl. Reserve.
- Slice the halloumi into 1-inch slices.
- In a large saute pan on high heat, sear the halloumi for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- In a large bowl, combine the quartered tomatoes, grilled kernels, and seared halloumi. Toss with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt.
- Garnish with mint leaves.