An easy and healthy side that goes with any chicken, fish, or lamb dish! It’s an alternative to rice and will spice up your dish.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Yield: 4-5 cups
· 3 tbsp EVOO
· 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
· ½ cup shallot, peeled & chopped
· 2 cups couscous
· 1 tbsp turmeric
· 3 cups water, or chicken stock
· ½ cup raw pistachio, crushed
· 3 tbsp mint, chiffonade
· salt, to taste
1. Heat olive oil, in a medium saucepan over medium heat
2. Add chopped shallot, cook for 1 minute then add garlic.
3. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until translucent.
4. Add couscous, turmeric and salt, stir until the couscous is a bright yellow color.
5. Add water or stock, cook with lid on, for 15 minutes or until the couscous has absorbed all the water.
6. Stir in the pistachio, taste for seasoning.
7. Serve the couscous in a bowl, finish with a drizzle of EVOO, squeeze of lemon, and fresh mint!