Salted Tahini Chocolate Tart (GF)
I spent some time last week in the kitchen with the wonderful Rachel Simons - one of the three brains behind my favorite tahini, Seed and Mill! We used my background as the inspiration for this gluten free dessert. With an oat gluten free crust, tahini, and dried rose petals this is the perfect chocolate bite! We made this tart two ways: a large tart you can serve at your next dinner party, or mini tarts to accompany your coffee. Check out Rachel's amazing work right here!!
Enjoy the recipe - comment below and let me know if you try it out!
Photos by Edouard Massih & Rachel Simons
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 10-12 people
Gluten Free Oat Crust:
- 1.5 cup old-fashioned oats
- .75 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Tahini Chocolate Filling:
- 11.5 oz dark chocolate chips
- 11.5 oz milk chocolate chips
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp rosewater
- Flaky sea salt
- Any nut & seeds (pistachio, pistachio seeds, almonds, sesame seeds)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. In a food processor, pulse the oats, whole wheat flour, butter, honey, salt, and cinnamon until ground and wet sand like.
2. Press the crust mixture into desired tart shell. Bake until golden brown, and crispy about 25-30 minutes (10-15 min for mini).
3. When ready, transfer to a wired rack and let the crust cool.
1. Pour the cream into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil.
2. Place the chocolate into a large bowl, and pour the cream over it. Let it sit for 2 minutes until the chocolate has softened are start mixing the chocolate mixture.
3. Add tahini, and rosewater. Mix until chocolate has been fully incorporated, and the chocolate filling is thick and smooth.
4. Pour the chocolate filling into the tart crust, tap the tart against the countertop to pop any air bubbles.
5. Place the tart in the fridge, and let chill for 1-2 hours.
6. To serve: When ready let the tart come to room temperature for 20 minutes. Slice the tart with a warm knife, Finish with sea salt, nuts, and seeds.